See also Private Tours
Are you tired of the same old team-building activities? Join Taste Detours for an experience that is locally flavoured and inspired.
Taste Detours prides itself on capturing the essence of our rural roots, small towns and mid-sized cities. We shine a spotlight on good taste with curated and customized events that can host a variety of groups for experiences beyond our set, scheduled tours. Taste Detours curate team-building activities your team will actually love! Corporate groups love our ability to introduce a taste of place and to show off the flavours of our region.
A few of our private group tours we have custom curated:
- Conventions and conferences – Taste what the locals love
- Staff retreats and road trips –Team building with good taste
- Executive corporate tour – Immerse your BOD in community & cuisine
- Client appreciation tours – Real estate, sales, financial institutions
- Family celebrations for all – Retirement, anniversary, birthday, wedding
- Holiday staff party tours – Year end celebration for teams of every size
- Progressive dinner tours – Create a one evening culinary journey
- Dinner club / Social club tours – Begin a new, weekly/monthly tradition
- First-year parents orientation – No tour of the campus is complete without a stop into town
We want to share our love of this region, and make connections between our agricultural roots and our food & beverage makers today. All of our experiences harness the power of storytelling. We aim to celebrate our regional heritage with you by telling those stories via local flavour, offering you the opportunity to not only learn some little-known lore of the area, but to hear directly from local food and drink purveyors themselves. Mostly we want to facilitate connections. Connections between our innovative food & beverage crafters and growers, and between each other. Slow down and enjoy, with us.
Things to consider before making a tour your own
Curated and customized corporate events
A variation of one of our weekly recurring tours, with perhaps a different day and schedule. A minimum of six people are required to make this a private tour.
A Town and Terroir Tour offers an extra taste of adventure. These tours can include farm visits and tastings combined with a shorter customized city tour.
15+ people? We’ve got your transportation covered and can deliver experiences that highlight regional flavours and storytelling.
Or try one of our Brew Detours
A Grand Banquet
A Two Town Tour. We can take a bite out of Guelph and have a taste of Elora. Transportation is covered.
Or we can step it up a notch for your considerably larger group. Full, sit down dinners at one our local food champion restaurants, paired with a trip to a distiller and /or brewery. Transportation added if needed.
We’ll really go to town! The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Dinner and a game downtown? Lunch and a matinée? Hor d’oeuvres and a comedy show? Axe throwing before beer tastings? We’ll need plenty of lead time for this particular level of fun, but the wait will be most certainly worth it. Talk to Lynn.
- Please allow 2 weeks lead time for private bookings to avoid disappointment.
- We will try to accommodate food allergies to the best of our ability given advanced notice.
- No refunds or exchanges for no-shows.
PRICING FOR GROUPS
Once a date is agreed upon for your customized tour, a deposit will be required to hold a reservation. The remainder of the tickets must be purchased well in advance (two weeks is ideal) of the requested date to ensure a private tour. Please call or write to Lynn to discuss details.
*We discourage single-use plastic water bottles on our tours. Consider bringing your own refillable bottle but rest assured that there will be many opportunities to quench your thirst on every tour.